Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Richard

Registered:
Posts: 104
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Thaler
I created a GitHub fork from Russ's version, updated it to have the sources from Fish's version, and then submitted my subsequent fixes there. 


Hi Dave,

While experimenting with the editor, i´ve noticed it can't use the type attribute for comms and had to fix it manually in the .xml

For instance the following code in the xml:

<incoming_comms_text type="ALERT" from="Starfleet">Enemies incomming, all ships engage the enemy. ^</incoming_comms_text>


... once opened in the editor looks like this:

<incoming_comms_text from="Starfleet">Enemies incomming, all ships engage the enemy. ^</incoming_comms_text>

(the type="ALERT" is missing)


Unfortunately I don´t have the skills to correct the editor, but perhaps one of you or some other guy can. 

[smile]


Spirit02

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #32 
Hi Richard,

I've just tried to replicate your issue and don't seem to be able to.

I copied the line:
<incoming_comms_text type="ALERT" from="Starfleet">Enemies incomming, all ships engage the enemy. ^</incoming_comms_text>
into my xml file, saved it, then loaded it in the editor and it appears like so:
Clipboard01.jpg   
I then made an unrelated change, and saved it. The editor swaps the order of the 'from' and 'type', so it becomes:
    <incoming_comms_text from="Starfleet" type="ALERT">Enemies incomming, all ships engage the enemy. ^</incoming_comms_text>

The type is definitely still there though.

Are you sure you're using the latest version?

Richard

Registered:
Posts: 104
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit02

Are you sure you're using the latest version?


Hi,
I´m so stupid... I downloaded the last version (that you kindly shared) but I has using an old one!

Sorry!

Dave Thaler

Registered:
Posts: 300
Reply with quote  #34 
I've made a couple more fixes to the Artemis Mission Editor (pushed to the same place on GitHub) and created an installer file for it.  I've also updated the wiki page.

Changes since August 24th when Spirit02 posted a zip file in this thread are:
* Fixed bug with podnumber in the Space Map
* Fixed more typos
* Added an installer and check for version updates (if there's an update in the future, the program will tell you so when you run it)
* Updated version to 2.6 to match Artemis version
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.