Here comes a new version, of bug fixes and maintenance.
As always, if you gt the steam version, it should auto-update. If you bought the PC bridge license, you'll find the latest update installer on the downloads page.
I hope everyone can come to Armada 5, in Cleveland, March 26,27,28. It's gonna be a blast!
------- changes for V2.7.5 -------
added new scripting command "get_object_property", finally making it possible to transfer the value of a property to a variable
found a wierd bug, which should have led to crashes when using the script attribute "player_slot". I think I fixed it; player_slot should be universally useable now.
Changed the theClientSim->idleTimer, and the theMainScreenDisplay->idleTimer to be slightly longer, to hopefully allieveiate the issue with clients
jumping back to the console choice screen due to network lag.
I added a client-side heartbeat. This message helps the server figure out of a client has crashed or otherwise stopped, so it can forget it and let a new client
connect and control helm, weapons, or science stations.
Hitting an asteroid with a tag torpedo (or any type of torpedo) should no longer crash the server.
The script command <if_damcon_members> wasn't properly documented; the player ship had to be identified. That documention is fixed.
Dave Thaler pointed out a thread in the forums which reported several errors in controls.ini. It helpfully offered a fixed version of the file. Used. Thanks!
Three of the newer elite special abilities weren't documented properly. I added them to mission_file_docs.txt.
const int SPCL_VAMP_SHIELD = 2048 --- Doesn't just suck energy from player ship shields, but adds that energy to the elite's shields.
const int SPCL_TELEPORT_BACKWARDS = 4096 --- Just like the 5km teleport forwards, but backwards.
const int SPCL_SHLD_SCRAMBLE = 8192 --- This resets the frequencies of the elite's shields occasionally. This does "cure" shield damage done by EMP blasts.
There was a secret testing AI mode, toggled by pressing E while the server was playing. That's been changed to CTRL-ALT-A.
On the client screen, you can get a button on the right side of the screen, which sez "Connect to XXXX", where XXXX is the name of a running server on your local network.
The name of this server used to be the username of that server, but now you can give the server a custom name in its Artemis.ini file. The setting is "ServerNetworkName".
changed the random target height for whale pods to a more limited range; from -500to500, to -50to50 Similarly restricted initial jelly position
restricted dragon Y position.
"if_not_exists" was not working right with player_slot. That has been fixed.
Added "target_slot" as an attribute to the "if_player_is_targeting" condition.
"set_relative_position" was poorly written, and didn't work with player_slot1 and player_slot2. This has been fixed.
When the client code loads the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ArtemisSBS\IPAddress value into the text box, I've added more error checking, in case
the value is corrupted.
Thanks to Darren B., who pointed out several places where the mission-file-docs.txt file gave innacurate information about the player_slot attribute.
"warning_popup_message" uses the "player_slot" attribute correctly, but if that ship wasn't in the game, the message went to all player ships.
This is correct behavior; if you want to send a message to all ships, just don't use a "name" or "player_slot" attribute.
BUT, if you expressly use the "player_slot" attribute, the behavior is now changed to NOT broadcast to all ships.
The hot-keys for CYCLE_TORP_TUBE_* weren't working. Fixed.
The BUTTON_QUICK_JUMP_FORWARD and BUTTON_QUICK_JUMP_BACKWARD hotkeys have been added.