Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
kidkissinger

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #16 
Incredible work.
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #17 
I started a git hub project to make all my arduino code, illustrator files and other stuff available as well as "documenting" my bridge build. More to come ... https://github.com/Phil-Bug/ArtemisBridge/wiki . Any feedback welcome :-)
notsabbat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,220
Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugRoger
I started a git hub project to make all my arduino code, illustrator files and other stuff available as well ass "documenting" my bridge build. More to come ... https://github.com/Phil-Bug/ArtemisBridge/wiki . Any feedback welcome :-)



Thats awesome! Thank you!

Also, if Shift+button is not working, you could always just change the button the action responds to. say changing it from [Shift]+[1], you could change the hotkey to [A]. Its a quick fix, but it could work.


__________________
-Captain of the TSN Gungnir JN-001
-Eastern Front online group member
-My continuing bridge build:
http://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/immersion-bridge-build-in-progress-7335195?pid=1290158413
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #19 
I wasn't aware one can change the hotkey but I guess that can be done in the same config file where I set up the joystick - I'll try that. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best - if one knows about them :-)
notsabbat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,220
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugRoger
I wasn't aware one can change the hotkey but I guess that can be done in the same config file where I set up the joystick - I'll try that. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best - if one knows about them :-)


There are a million and one little quirks to this game. Ive been pretty obsessed with it for the past three years and Im still learning new things [smile]



__________________
-Captain of the TSN Gungnir JN-001
-Eastern Front online group member
-My continuing bridge build:
http://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/immersion-bridge-build-in-progress-7335195?pid=1290158413
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #21 

Yes, tons of options to tweak the game. But that’s part of the fun of it. Thanks to this forum I learned a lot already :-). Just checked the controls.ini and it resolves most of my weapons hot key issues - except that two labels of my console need to be swapped now - not sure if I will go through that trouble ...
Unfortunately that still leaves the issue with the engineering console. Don’t want to add another 10 buttons to have the option to store a setting - the shift + 1-9 option is much more efficient here. Maybe someone else has an idea how Artemis is treating the keyboard input so Shift + Key press can be used?

notsabbat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,220
Reply with quote  #22 
You should be able to program a button as a shift. That way you could press the store [shift] button and then the number. Though if your using touchscreens, Engineering pretty much has everything you need right there except for the "normalize energy" and "normlize coolant button"


__________________
-Captain of the TSN Gungnir JN-001
-Eastern Front online group member
-My continuing bridge build:
http://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/immersion-bridge-build-in-progress-7335195?pid=1290158413
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #23 
I'll give it a try when we are back from our convention. I do have a touchscreen build into every station. It's always good to have redundancy on a space ship :-)
Mike Substelny

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,244
Reply with quote  #24 
I like the recent well-lit photos the best. It looks great when I can see the shape of your beautiful consoles. Nice work!
__________________
"The Admiralty had demanded six ships; the economists offered four; and we finally compromised on eight."
- Winston Churchill
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #25 
Thanks Mike, the convention is over now and I will have time to further improve (and document) my consoles. Need to color all the non black Metall parts black - as well as the wooden base plate. Need to improve some plugs and screws to ease the build up and tear down process. The whole consoles are designed to be portable - will post some more pics soon I hope. Next step is a transport case - do have something in mind like used for PA equipment. All that positive feedback wants one to go further one more step :-)
Angel of Rust

Registered:
Posts: 270
Reply with quote  #26 
Thanks for sharing! The multi-color lit buttons really add to the ensemble.
Angel of Rust

Registered:
Posts: 270
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugRoger
Thanks! Does anybody have some experience with using an Arduino (or similar) to emulate the keyboard? Somehow Artemis is reading multiple key strokes differently than e.g. The notepad does. All the "Shift +" key pairs soon not to work with the arduino but work with a regular keyboard.


I had the same problem when initially programming my control panels. All of my controls are Arduino-based mouse/keyboard emulators. For some reason, the shift modifier works instantaneously for some controls in Artemis and not for others. (the same is also true for some mouse clicks, such as helm) The work-around I developed was to program a slight delay that effectively made the controller hold down the shift key for a few extra milliseconds. The time the shift is held down is too fast for humans to really notice, but it seemed to satisfy Artemis.

All of the relevant code is available here:
https://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1295461382&postcount=67&forum=309503

ogremasch

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 200
Reply with quote  #28 
Great work, are these still working well for the current version (2.6)?
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogremasch
Great work, are these still working well for the current version (2.6)?


Thanks, I haven’t tried running it with 2.6 for now. But since all screens are touch screens it should be playable. Some of the buttons might need some rework. Something Tinten out when winter is coming :-)
BugRoger

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Rust


I had the same problem when initially programming my control panels. All of my controls are Arduino-based mouse/keyboard emulators. For some reason, the shift modifier works instantaneously for some controls in Artemis and not for others. (the same is also true for some mouse clicks, such as helm) The work-around I developed was to program a slight delay that effectively made the controller hold down the shift key for a few extra milliseconds. The time the shift is held down is too fast for humans to really notice, but it seemed to satisfy Artemis.

All of the relevant code is available here:
https://artemis.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1295461382&postcount=67&forum=309503



Thanks for the tip with the delay. When winter is coming I will probably rework my so far code and will definitely try adding the delay to the shift key. So far the work around with simulating mouse moves by pressing a button is working as well - but it’s not as „clean“ as I would like to have it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.